Terapeak Research Tool
Find more products, list more effectively, and generate more sales with eBay’s exclusive insights tool.
What is the Terapeak Research tool?
The Terapeak Research tool, found in the eBay Research Tab in Seller Hub is a data-driven tool exclusive to eBay, that helps you identify what to sell, when to sell and at what price.
It accesses and analyses up to one year of data to provide you with essential marketplace insights. All sellers with a Store subscription have access to Terapeak. You can also subscribe to Terapeak for $12/month*.
*$12/month with a 1 year plan or $19/month without.
Use insights to stand out with Terapeak
How it works
Terapeak analyses millions of listings across eBay's global marketplaces and presents insights in a clear and easy to navigate way. This includes sales data, listing formats, the average sold item pricing, shipping costs and buyer search terms.
Product Research Feature
In the product research tab, you can search by keyword, region and product identifier code. The tool gives you the averages for an item's sold price and shipping costs as well as free shipping coverage. You can also identify the total items sold in your chosen time period, as well as the total sellers with listings using that keyword.
- Analyse trends in prices, sales volumes and buyer demand over time
- Plan your inventory and pricing structure and better understand shopping trends
- Identify inventory sourcing opportunities
- Analyse top performing listings and their alignment with retail standards
Listing Improvements Feature
The Listing Improvements Tab in Terapeak gives you general listing insights and helps you identify under-performing listings. You can analyse individual listings and see the prices of sold and active listings similar to yours. You can also compare your listing level traffic with your competitors (i.e. impressions and conversation rate) and view live eBay listings like yours.
- Identify and revise under-performing listings based on competitor insights
- View listing level traffic including click through rate and impressions
- See how your listing's performance compares with your competitors
- View listings with invalid or missing product identifiers
- See Re-stock advice for listings that are likely to sell out based on your current sales rate
Sourcing Guidance Feature
In the sourcing research tab, you can search for products by category. You can view sales volume seasonality and view a price breakdown of items sold in the last year. The tool also calculates a 'growth opportunity score' for certain item specifics including brand and colour (this will vary by category). You can also find an item's score and average sales price by inputting product information.
- Optimise your inventory selection by season and price
- Identify sourcing options with the growth opportunity score
- This score represents how easily we think you can sell more of an item within a category on eBay.
- Calculate the growth opportunity of certain products your looking to sell, including their average sales price