When does the promotion run?
- Promotion runs from 00:01 (AEST) Sunday 26th of July to 23:59 (AEST) on Thursday 31st of December (“Promotion Period”).
- Seller must have registered as an eBay Basic or Feature Store subscriber before 23:59 (AEST) 31st December in order to qualify.
What is the promotion?
- Sellers who sign up for an eBay Basic or Feature Store during the Promotion Period will automatically have their store subscription fees waived for 3 months from the date of subscription (Offer 1).
- Additionally, sellers who sign up for an eBay Basic or Feature Store during the Promotion Period AND who are validated by eBay as genuinely new sellers (see Who is eligible for this promotion below) will pay no Final Value Fees or Insertion fees for sales on ebay.com.au for a period of 3 months from the date that they are notified by eBay that they qualify for this second offer until this offer ends on Thursday 31st of December (Offer 2).
- Sellers who qualify for Offer 2 will be notified by an email directed to the email address provided upon subscription for an eBay store within 10 business days of the subscription date. Final Value and Insertion fees will be waived for Offer 2 qualified sellers for all listings created after the date of email notification from eBay, any fees accrued before this date will be charged at the prevailing store rate.
- Sellers will need to remain opted in for email communications to receive their qualification email.
Who is eligible for this promotion?
- New sellers who register for a new eBay account after 1st of July 2020 and who subscribe to a Basic or Feature store on ebay.com.au during the Promotion Period; and
- Sellers whose country of residence is in Australia or New Zealand.
Offer 2 is only available to sellers who are validated by eBay as genuinely new sellers based on the following factors:
- A valid Australian Business Number (ABN); AND
- No connection to any existing eBay seller accounts (this includes a connection by PayPal address, user information and/or IP address).
- Sellers must list items using the same User ID that is linked to their Basic or Feature Store in order to qualify for Offer 2.
- Sellers must not register for Managed Payments for the duration of the offer for it to remain valid.
What exclusions apply?
- Offer 1 only applies to Store subscription fees and Offer 2 only applies to Final Value Fees and Insertion Fees.
- The promotion does not apply to fees for optional features or services including Feature Fees, international selling fees and any other fees set out at eBay.com.au as varied from time to time.
- Offer 2 only applies to listings in one category. If you add an additional category to your listing, Insertion Fees and Final Value Fees (and any applicable Feature Fees) apply for the additional category.
- The promotion does not apply to the following “Excluded Categories”: Businesses for Sale (11759), Aircrafts (63676), Boats (26429), Caravans/Motorhomes (32633), Cars (29690), Motorcycles (32073), Trucks/Commercial Vehicles (6049), Real Estate (10542), Services (316), Flights (3253), Tickets (1306), Travel (3252) and Vouchers/Gift Certificates (109191).
- Sellers and listings that contravene eBay’s policies or do not otherwise comply with all of these Terms and Conditions are excluded.
- Sellers may be excluded from this promotion if their eBay account is subject to listing restrictions, suspended, restricted or made inactive or if their seller performance falls to Below Standard prior to or during the Promotion Period.
- eBay’s User Agreement and other rules and policies continue to apply.
- eBay reserves the right to verify the eligibility of sellers and listings to receive the Offers. Sellers who violate the terms of this promotion on eBay.com.au may not be eligible for future promotions on eBay.com.au.
- To the extent permitted by law, eBay is not liable for any injury, loss or damage of any nature whatsoever (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) which is suffered or sustained as a result of or in connection with receiving, taking or using the Promotion.
- Any tax liability arising as a result of accepting the promotion credits/discounts or in relation to qualifying listings is the responsibility of the seller.
- eBay reserves the right to vary these Terms and Conditions at its reasonable discretion by publishing revised terms on eBay.com.au
- This promotion is offered by eBay Marketplaces GmbH.