You can automate how you manage the return process by setting rules for how you’d like to process certain types of returns. Even if you don’t accept change-of-mind returns, you can use rules to manage returns for eBay Money Back Guarantee claims.
This saves time, and provides a great experience for buyers by sorting requests straight away.
For example, you can create rules to:
- Accept some returns automatically, while processing others manually.
- Refund the buyer automatically, and allow them to keep the item, if the return postage cost is higher than the item’s cost.
- Provide different return addresses for different items.
To set return rules, go to your Returns Preferences. You can then choose your basic return rules - like automatically sending or approving returns -- and when they apply.
To set more specific rules for different types of items, go to Advanced Return Rules, and choose your preference from the Select a Rule dropdown. Then you can simply:
- Set total refund amount(s) and return reasons
- Create a list of items your rule applies to
- Select applicable selling categories
- Give your rule a name
- Select Save and Turn On.
When you update your return rules, we’ll automatically apply them to future return requests. They won’t apply to any past sales, or returns already in progress.