Creating Your Listings
Start creating your listings
There are a number of ways to start creating your listings on eBay:
- Link your existing online store to eBay: eBay has plugins with popular e-commerce platforms such as Shopify, BigCommerce and NETO and partners with Third Party Providers for custom integrations
- Create your listings directly on eBay
Steps to complete your listing
- Item Title: Write a clear and concise title with correct spelling and no more than 80 characters.
- Category: Pick the category that's most relevant for your item. You can also choose to list in a second category (fee applicable). You can view the current list of categories on eBay Australia here.
Variations: When you have many similar items that have different variations, such as colour or size, you can create a single fixed price listing that includes all the variations you offer.
Item Condition: You can list brand new, refurbished, used items or items for parts on eBay. It’s vital you're honest and accurate about the condition of what you’re selling so your buyer knows exactly what they're getting.
Photos: Use high-quality photos, taken from every angle and show any flaws or scratches. You can include up to 12 pictures for free.
Item Specifics: When filling in the specifics about your item, you'll find that some fields are required and some are not, depending on which category you're selling in. Item specifics may include brand, size, type, colour, style or other relevant info about the item you're selling.
Item Description: A perfect item description is clear enough to tell your buyer what they need to know at a scan, yet detailed enough so that there can be no confusion around what they're buying.
Listing Format: You can list items as fixed price, auction or classified ad format listings. The format you choose will depend on how quickly you want to sell the item, what price you want the item to sell for and the type of item you are selling.
Price: Listing your items at the right price will help them sell. Look around on eBay for similar products to get an idea of what other sellers are charging. You can also filter the eBay search tool for Sold Items to see what similar items have recently sold for.
Postage: Offering free postage, or reducing postage charges as much as possible, can help you win over undecided buyers, and grow your business.
Listings with multiple items in stock
When you list an item on eBay, you can specify the quantity of that item available. The listing will end when you've run out of inventory, unless you've turned on the 'out of stock' option.
When you've set up the out-of-stock option:
- All of your existing and future bulk fixed price listings use the out-of-stock option until you disable it
- When the quantity of the listing reaches zero (either because all the items were sold, or you adjusted the quantity), your listing stays active but hidden from search results
- The listing will reappear in search results when you increase the quantity of items available