Some postage carriers are facing operational challenges at the moment and we understand there may be cases where your handling time and the speed of your deliveries are affected. You may even have to unexpectedly amend or cancel your orders. These situations are out of your control so we want to ensure you can continue to sell on eBay with confidence.
To support you we’ll ensure your seller standard isn’t negatively impacted between March 2020 and June 2020.
In addition, we are putting the following measures in place:
Stock Interruptions and Postage Delays
- We will automatically remove your Late Shipment Rate defects, Seller Cancellation defects and related Negative or Neutral feedback received for transactions between 1 March to 30 June 2020
- Your Late Shipment rate and Seller Cancellation rate in Seller Performance Standards will be automatically adjusted.
Item Not Received Claims
Your item not received count (INR) in Service Metrics, along with any related Negative or Neutral feedback will be removed automatically for transactions between 1 March to 30 June 2020. To be eligible for this protection, you must fulfil certain criteria:
- You must upload valid tracking before the delivery is scanned
- On transactions where both seller and buyer are in the same country, the item has to be delivered within 10 days of the Estimated Delivery Date
- On international transactions, the item must be delivered within 30 days of the Estimated Delivery Date.
Please allow up to a week for the above protections to take effect. You can keep track of defects, negative feedback, and buyer claims in our new Seller Help tool.
You can also learn more about managing your stock, postage, and returns at this time on our COVID-19 updates page.
As always, it’s important that we deliver the best possible buying experience. We’re working with buyers so they know that they can still safely shop on eBay, but their items may take a little longer to reach them.
Please make sure, where you can, you’re continuing to deliver a great product aligned to your buyer’s expectations. If you’re not able to fulfill future orders at any time, please let potential buyers know by putting your Store in holiday mode.
Your Seller Performance Standards
Your Seller Performance Standard evaluation on 20 July will be based on transactions over the last 12 calendar months up until 30 June 2020, minus the defects we removed. However, if you’ve sold more than 400 items in the past 3 months, you’ll instead be evaluated based on the last 3 months up until 30 June 2020, minus the defects we removed. We will continue to monitor the situation moving forwards. Please note that the protection here only applies to your seller standards level.