Providing exceptional customer service encourages buyers to return time and again. Managing tricky situations and building a strong rapport with customers can be achieved by following some basic principles for providing excellent customer service:
- Provide accurate item descriptions, including any flaws.
- Include high-quality product photos.
- Clearly outline your payment, postage, and return preferences.
- Post items quickly, once you’ve received payment.
- Upload tracking information to My eBay, so buyers can follow the delivery.
- Respond to questions and enquiries promptly.
- Keep communications friendly, open, and honest.
- If you have an issue or delay, let your buyer know as soon as possible.