We already protect all sellers against abusive buying behaviour, and events outside of your control. From 1 October, we’ll provide additional protection for listings with an eBay Plus badge:
If you receive a false ‘Item not as described’ request
- Let us know, using our new Report a Buyer tool.
- If we determine the buyer made a false claim, we’ll credit your monthly invoice with a return postage label up to $9.
- We’ll automatically remove any negative or neutral Feedback, defects, and open cases in your service metrics.
If a returned item is opened, used or damaged
- Issue a refund - You can deduct up to 50% to cover lost value.
- We’ll automatically remove any negative or neutral feedback, defects and open cases in your service metrics.
- We’ll step in to take care of any issues with the buyer on your behalf.