News & Updates
Welcome to the 2015 Spring Seller Release 2015
We're introducing a number of improvements to selling on eBay this Seller Release, changes which we hope will help you grow your business.
- Seller standards: From 20 February 2016, simpler, more objective seller standards will give you greater control of your performance.
- Customise returns: Changes rolling out throughout the rest of 2015 will make handling returns easier, with options to customise how you handle returns based on your business needs.
- Category changes: Aimed at helping buyers find your items, category changes will be introduced in October across a number of Meta categories.
Plus, as we head towards the busy Christmas shopping season, we encourage you to take full advantage of the tools we've launched this year, all aimed at reaching more buyers and driving more sales.
- Click & Collect: We've partnered with Woolworths so you can offer convenient pick up options to your eBay customers without needing your own network of physical stores across the country.
- Promotions Manager: Available to sellers operating Stores on eBay, Promotions Manager allows you to run your very own sales campaigns.
- Promoted listings: Available to sellers operating Stores on eBay, Promoted listings is an advertising service that allows you to give your listings a boost on eBay.
To find out more about the changes, please visit the 2015 Spring Seller Release page.
Welcome to the Autumn Seller Release 2015
In our first Seller Release for 2015 we’re keeping it simple with just a few new initiatives.
- Click & Collect: We’ve partnered with Woolworths so you can offer convenient pick up options to your eBay customers without needing your own network of physical stores across the country.
- Product Identifiers: From 30 June product identifiers will be required on new listings of new or manufacturer refurbished, branded products in select categories where identifiers are available.
- Category changes: Aimed at helping buyers find your items, category changes will be introduced in June across a number of Meta categories.
- Promotions Manager: Available in May to sellers operating Stores on eBay, Promotions Manager allows you to run your very own sales campaigns.
To find out more about the changes being made please visit the Autumn 2015 Seller Release page.
Tickets for the 9th annual PeSA Internet Conference are selling fast. Get your tickets now and save $50, simply enter the coupon code ebayan50a when your register.
The 2015 PeSA Internet Conference is being held on the Gold Coast from 27-29 May and features:
- Over 70 industry speakers and 55 exhibitors
- Three days of networking and three separate networking events
- Opportunity to meet with and hear from the eBay team
- Focused sessions on everything from marketing and social strategies to identifying growth opportunities and finding the right tools to manage your online business.
Learn more and register online at http://www.internetconference.com.au/pesa-conference.html
This year’s Spring Release is focused on two very distinct improvements. Both are timely when you consider the upcoming holiday period where we expect to see record numbers of visitors to eBay.com.au.
Firstly and most importantly we’re launching eBay Money Back Guarantee, giving buyers the knowledge they get what they ordered or their money back. This includes improvements to the after-sale experience for both buyers and sellers.
We expect this to change perceptions, build trust and encourage new customers to join the 8 million unique visits to eBay.com.au every month.
Secondly, we’re helping you drive more sales with better access to our data & enhancements to selling tools.
We're also excited to launch our first ever Holiday Selling Guide.
During the week of 15 September 2014, we'll be making some improvements to the category structure on eBay.com.au.
Updates to categories, item specifics, and multi-variation listings aim to provide a more intuitive buying, selling, and search experience.
Learn more abut these changes and make any necessary updates to ensure uninterrupted sales.
Changes to the way we measure seller performance and the new seller standards announced in our Autumn Seller Release go into effect with the monthly evaluation on 20 August. You can see how your performance is rated against the new standards and your projected seller status in your Seller Dashboard.
A low transaction defect rate means that your buyers consistently receive the item they expect, when they expect it. Sellers are required to meet minimum standards for defect rate in order to sell on eBay.com.au.
Our new Defect removal policy helps protect sellers by specifying the circumstances when we may remove transaction-related defects from a seller's performance evaluation and Feedback profile.