News & Updates
Welcome to Spring Seller Release 2016
For our Spring Seller Release we’ve been working on new tools, promotions and improvements that make your selling experience easier as you prepare for the Christmas sales period.
Making Selling Easier:
- Seller Hub is launching in Australia in October 2016. Designed especially for our business sellers, Seller Hub allows you to manage all of your marketing and listing tools in the one place, as well as access data and insights that can fast track growth.
- Upload your entire catalogue of products onto eBay from October to make listing/relisting easier and quicker. In most categories you’ll also be able to list using non-standard product identifiers.
- Performance related selling limits on accounts falling below standard will be deferred for 90 days from 20 October. Find out more.
Product Updates and Promotions:
- The double listing entitlement promotion for Basic and Featured Stores has been extended until the end of the year as an extra boost before Christmas.
- Promoted Listings has been improved to include more categories, and soon you will be able to bulk upload your promoted listings in one go.
- Grow your business in New Zealand by taking advantage of discounted shipping rates.
- Click and Collect has been updated to remove free postage as an eligibility requirement, allowing more sellers to take advantage of the program.
- The Seller Centre is undergoing a huge makeover. Preview the new look now.
- A number of category updates are being made, including the introduction of additional categories.
To find out more about the changes being made, please visit Spring Seller Release 2016.
Welcome to Autumn Seller Release 2016
We've invested in a number of promotions and improvements on eBay to help you grow your business throughout 2016.
- The monthly free listing entitlement will be doubled for Basic and Featured Store subscribers so you can list even more for less for 6 months, from 1 May to 31 October 2016.
- Promoted Listings now receive higher placement in search and is available in more categories. Discover the benefits by using Promoted Listings and pay no ad fees for a whole month (up to $1,000). Available from 6 April to 6 May 2016.
- Buyers can now search on eBay using product identifiers or unique eBay item numbers, resulting in more buyers being able to find your items. If you haven’t already, add product identifiers to your listings to benefit from improved search.
- From 17 May 2016, some category changes will be made on eBay.com.au to make it easier for buyers to find items and sellers to list them.
- New product reviews are now live on eligible items, helping to drive buyer trust and confidence when viewing your item on eBay.
- Start selling internationally now while the Australian dollar is low and demand for Aussie products from international customers is high.
- Simpler seller standards are live. Check your Seller Dashboard regularly for the latest insight into your performance, transactions and late shipment rate.
- We've updated our Jewellery, precious metals and loose beads policy to set out our guidelines more clearly and to align the policy to other eBay sites.
To find out more about the changes being made, please visit Autumn Seller Release 2016.
A message from Australia Post regarding pricing changes.
Effective from 3 October 2016, Australia Post will be making price adjustments to selected Australia Post parcel products and services, Express Post products, international letters products and services and selected Mail services.
eBay sellers will still be able to enjoy the negotiated 10% discount on all Australia Post postage label services available on eBay.
The eBay Team
We're excited to introduce a new listing tool to make it easier and faster for you to list your items on eBay. The new tool will allow you to:
- create listings using a simpler, shorter flow
- upload photos in the background while you edit your listing
- enter and track listings using your own SKUs (Stock Keeping Units).
Tickets for the 10th annual PeSA Internet Conference are selling fast. Get your tickets now and save $100, simply enter the coupon code ebay100 when your register.
The 2016 Internet Conference is being held on the Gold Coast from 25-27 May and features:
- Over 100 industry speakers and 55 exhibitors
- Three days of networking and three separate networking events
- Opportunity to meet with and hear from the eBay team
- Focused sessions on everything from marketing and social strategies to identifying growth opportunities and finding the right tools to manage your online business.
Welcome to the 2015 Spring Seller Release 2015
We're introducing a number of improvements to selling on eBay this Seller Release, changes which we hope will help you grow your business.
- Seller standards: From 20 February 2016, simpler, more objective seller standards will give you greater control of your performance.
- Customise returns: Changes rolling out throughout the rest of 2015 will make handling returns easier, with options to customise how you handle returns based on your business needs.
- Category changes: Aimed at helping buyers find your items, category changes will be introduced in October across a number of Meta categories.
Plus, as we head towards the busy Christmas shopping season, we encourage you to take full advantage of the tools we've launched this year, all aimed at reaching more buyers and driving more sales.
- Click & Collect: We've partnered with Woolworths so you can offer convenient pick up options to your eBay customers without needing your own network of physical stores across the country.
- Promotions Manager: Available to sellers operating Stores on eBay, Promotions Manager allows you to run your very own sales campaigns.
- Promoted listings: Available to sellers operating Stores on eBay, Promoted listings is an advertising service that allows you to give your listings a boost on eBay.
To find out more about the changes, please visit the 2015 Spring Seller Release page.
Welcome to the Autumn Seller Release 2015
In our first Seller Release for 2015 we’re keeping it simple with just a few new initiatives.
- Click & Collect: We’ve partnered with Woolworths so you can offer convenient pick up options to your eBay customers without needing your own network of physical stores across the country.
- Product Identifiers: From 30 June product identifiers will be required on new listings of new or manufacturer refurbished, branded products in select categories where identifiers are available.
- Category changes: Aimed at helping buyers find your items, category changes will be introduced in June across a number of Meta categories.
- Promotions Manager: Available in May to sellers operating Stores on eBay, Promotions Manager allows you to run your very own sales campaigns.
To find out more about the changes being made please visit the Autumn 2015 Seller Release page.